The Do’s and Do not’s of cleaning applied vinyl vehicle graphics
What you should do
- Wash applied vinyl graphics with a blend of mild car wash detergent and clean water.
- Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the vinyl graphic before using.
- Always read the warning labels on car care products for proper safety instructions.
- Once you’ve washed the vehicle with a soapy water blend, rinse with clean water.
- Either let the vehicle air dry or dry off with a microfibre cloth.
What you shouldn’t do
- Do not allow fuels to stay in contact with the vinyl for extended periods of time. Clean all spills as soon as possible.
- Do not apply carnauba- based wax over vinyl graphics.
- Do not use mechanical brush washing. Brushes can cause vinyl graphics to chip or peel around the edges or scratch the surface. They can also cause the graphic to fade and dull the appearance of the over laminate.